There are a number of new, slightly reduced, measures that we have put in place which we absolutely insist must be met by each student and parent. This is without exception.
New procedures for Lessons
· Social Distancing – whilst this is no longer required we will endeavour to distance the over 12s by at least 1m for the continued peace of mind and safety for all.
· We will operate a drop off policy to class for dancers aged p1 plus. This will mean that no parent/grandparent/sibling/minder will be able to access the building. We would ask parents to drop and collect children promptly and efficiently in order to avoid large groups of people, this includes not dropping dancers off too early. For preschool dancers, parents will be permitted to stay on site wearing a mask but we would encourage you where possible to vacate the premises once your dancer is settled and into lessons.
· All of our venues will still have one way systems in operation and you may be asked to collect your child from a different side of the building/door/gate. Details of each venue drop off and collection will be emailed to you once you are booked onto classes.
· We ask that students arrive dressed in uniform for class (with layers on top) with their shoes in a wipeable bag – everything coming into class including the layers must fit in to the bag. All water bottles must be clearly labelled with the dancer’s name. Whilst we will now have our changing rooms open (those dancers with a break between classes can wait on site) we would still like dancers to where possible bring everything in a wipeable bag for ease of cleaning between lessons.
· Dancers will sanitise their hands on arrival at the designated area.
· No bare feet will be permitted in lessons (for those who usually dance Modern or Contemporary with bare feet, split sole jazz shoes or ballet shoes must be worn.)
· Young dancers who require a change of shoes in lessons must have elastic through their shoes instead of laces so they are able to change their own footwear
· Dancers who take part in acro lessons may bring their own yoga mat to lessons if they want it for practice.
· Illness: If at any point throughout the year you feel that your child is under the weather or may be coming down with something, please stay at home as per government guidelines. Likewise, if your child has a cough/cold/sore throat/fever/runny nose or is taking paracetamol for any of these symptoms
please stay at home. Should a student become unwell during class a parent will be contacted for that student to be collected.
· Please update all emergency contact information, relevant medical information and GDPR settings for the school year on your customer portal.
I understand that the measures we have put in place are not bulletproof, however, I do feel that we can help to make our environment a little safer for each
other and those that need it most. Please don’t hesitate to contact me regarding any other information I can be of help with.
Finally, I wanted to say thank you all so much for your continued support of the school. We cannot wait to see you all in classes and if I can be of any help with your child’s lessons or timetable please drop me a line. Enjoy the rest of the Summer
Lots of love