With the relaxation of lockdown measures and the re-opening of our studios we are pleased to announce that we have put in place a number of new measures for those attending our classes. These measures must be met by each student and parent without exception in order to ensure the safety of both staff and students.
- Social Distancing – All our venues allow us the ability to socially distance the over 12s in lessons as required
- We ask that all families socially distance when outside venues
- We will operate a drop off policy to class. This will mean that no parent/grandparent/sibling/minder will be able to access the building. We would ask parents to drop and collect children promptly and efficiently in order to avoid large groups of people, this includes not dropping dancers off too early
- The wearing of masks for lessons is optional (this may change depending on government guidance)
- All of our venues will have one way systems in operation and you may be asked to collect your child from a different side of the building/door/gate. Details of each venues drop off and collection will be emailed to you once you are booked onto classes
- We ask that students arrive dressed in uniform for class (with layers on top) with their shoes in a wipeable bag – everything coming into class including the layers must fit in to the bag. All water bottles must be clearly labelled with the dancer’s name
- Dancers will sanitise their hands on arrival at the designated area
- There will be quick non-contact forehead temperature checks by staff. For the safety of all our students we will be unable to allow access to any student that has a high temperature on any given day. (This is subject to change in line with guidelines.)
- No bare feet will be permitted in lessons (for those who usually dance Modern or Contemporary with bare feet split sole jazz shoes or ballet shoes must be worn.)
- Young dancers who require a change of shoes in lessons must have elastic through their shoes instead of laces so they are able to change their own footwear
- All lessons with a change of dancers now have a timetabled break to allow for a smooth changeover of dancers and for necessary cleaning of high touch areas
- Dancers who take part in acro lessons may bring their own yoga mat to lessons if they want it for practice
- We will refrain from doing work that involves holding hands in groups or pairs until guidelines allow us to reintroduce these elements in class
- Illness: If at any point throughout the year you feel that your child is under the weather or may be coming down with something, please stay at home as per government guidelines. Likewise, if your child has a cough/cold/sore throat/fever/runny nose or is taking paracetamol for any of these symptoms please stay at home. Should a student become unwell during class a parent will be contacted for that student to be collected
- Please update all emergency contact information, relevant medical information and GDPR settings for the school year on your customer portal
Whilst we understand that the measures we have put in place are not bulletproof, I am certain that we can help to make our environment a little safer for each other and those that need it most. I’ve no doubt that there will be more questions in the coming weeks as we navigate our way safely back to a ‘new normal’. Please don’t hesitate to contact me regarding any other information I can be of help with.
Finally, I simply cannot wait to see you all! It has been such a tough run for many of us. I am really looking forward to seeing how tall you have all got over the summer but most of all to see those amazing smiling faces again!
Lots of love
Miss Louise, Principal